‘Managing Investigations in the Workplace’ is a new online workshop held over two half-day sessions. These sessions are for individuals new to investigations and supervisors managing investigations through the theory and practice of running a successful and effective investigation.
Workshop 1: Assessment & Management of an Investigation
Thursday 16th February 2023
9.30 am – 12.30 pm
- Managing and responding to a Whistleblower
- Working through a case study
- Preparing an Investigation Plan
- Collection and evaluation of evidence
Workshop 2: Investigative Interviewing & Report Writing
Thursday 23rd February 2023
9.30 am – 12.30 pm
- Engaging and reporting to stakeholders
- Investigative Interviewing
- Report writing
- Controls & Process gaps, remediation, and case closure.
At the end of the workshops attendees will be able to:
- Describe the key elements of an effective, fair, and respectful corporate workplace investigations process
- Identify the common issues that arise during investigations
- Apply a six-step investigations process
- Collect and evaluate information and evidence
- Implement a planned investigation approach
- Understand the theory of investigative interviews of witnesses and subjects
If you attend both sessions there is a discount for the second session. A further discount of 10% will be applied for Integrity at Work members. The discount code for Integrity at Work members is ‘Special-IAW’
Kate Marston is an Investigations and training specialist with a career spanning law enforcement, in-house and external corporate investigations. She is a former Detective Sergeant in the UK Metropolitan Police, where she spent time on the Specialist Crime Directorate, specialising in Firearm offences, and also trained as a Financial Intelligence Officer. After a decade with the police, she headed up the Investigations function at a FTSE 100 luxury brand, covering criminal and misconduct investigations, Whistleblowing, Digital Fraud, AntiBribery and Corruption Programme, Travel Risk and Executive Protection and Data Analytics. In 2020, she set up Mast People Support which offers Investigation, HR and Ethics support to organisations. Kate is an associate member of the CIPD (the UK’s HR body), an accredited member of HRi, and Executive Director of Women in Ethics and Compliance Global (WEC).